Like us on Facebook!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sneak peek! (ow, and some growing pains and an elephant)

Hi Beautiful Creators!

I just had to share this sneak peek with you lovely art lovers.
I am on such a wonderful journey with this painting. She teaches me that it is all about intention, trust and surrender.
My intention for these last days of my stay here in Germany was clear, I wanted to spend most of my time in my temporary art studio and paint the days away.
I set out to embrace my intuition more while creating beautiful pieces of art.
I started two paintings at the same time after reading Flora Bowley’s book: ‘Brave, intuitive painting’. In her book she suggests to work at more than one painting at the same time so you can keep the flow going while one of your layers is drying. So I did that.

I thought of one painting as an in between project to keep that intuitive flow going so I could practice responding to it and listening to my muse and being brave and all that stuff.
In the end, ‘Hope’ emerged from that playful and trusting place much easier that the painting I thought was going to be IT.
Another lesson in letting go and trusting the process instead of having expectations about the outcome!

At the same time my perception of the world around me shifted. More things seemed to light up so bright I couldn’t ignore them! Although I often didn’t know what to do with them they were there for a reason. I could feel it!
One of these ‘things’ that showed up everywhere I looked was an elephant.
It started with watching a YT video of an artist who painted a lovely elephant. Then more and more elephants walked into sight (thank goodness no one has shown up in my front yard!).
BUT, I thought an elephant didn’t fit in my painting….yes I THOUGHT that….. I was not feeling but thinking.

Today I gave in and did some research on how to paint an elephant as I have never done that before and I just gave it a go. You should have heard my inner critic. Pew! J But I didn’t listen, just followed the elephants path.
And guess what?
I can paint elephants!!!! WHOOOT!!! And this little guy fits perfectly, he is right where he belongs. I think he’s so cute! He he it’s a good thing that elephant was quite a pushy fella! J




Well, there you have it my lovelies, I guess I’m still not done with learning to trust my intuition, my muse and my inner artist.
Intellectually I know I can trust them all for 120% every time, but something still seems to be in the way of me fully surrendering en going with the impulses they give me.

Is it fear?
If  so (off course it’s fear silly!) what am I afraid of?
Am I still afraid of critique? Am I still worried about what others might think of my work? Or even worse, don’t think about it at all? AAAHHH!!!
Heck, I don’t like this feeling and I want to change that!

NOW! Ummpff

So, what do I want to feel?
I want to feel happy, bouncy and joyful while creating.
I want to be cheerful and make beautiful uplifting art.
I want to put positive energy in my work as an artist so others can benefit from it.
I want to be radiant while creating, I want to receive and give through my art.
I want it to feel like breathing…in and out….
I want to feel deserving and giving and…..

I also want to keep learning, growing and expanding.
I am a very, VERY grateful artist while writing this blog post. I feel more secure, more worthy and more… Artist! WHEEEEE! J
I give thanks to my many muses and to myself for taking that leap of faith!

It’s funny actually, taking a leap of faith because of fear of what others might think of my work while I’m creating a painting that nobody has even seen yet!
O boy, the mind does crazy things with a girl hey?

In the end I’m still loving this journey called life and everything in it!
I think of these last couple of days as simply growing pains and now I’ve overcome them. For now at least….we all know fears stirs it’s ugly head every now and then. Well my fear filled friends, you are welcome! You help me grow and evolve to a better version of me and I thank you for it!

Here are some sneak peek snap shots I promised at the beginning of this post. She is not done yet and that is just the way it should be. I will love her and work with her more the coming days and I will share her beautiful wisdom and radiance when she is ready for it.
Until then I wish you many, many happy creative and blissful growing pains! *chuckle*


~Monique



                        






11 comments:

  1. This looks like an amazing work, the joy you put into your painting is clear to see. Love the addition of the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indigo Janson! I've had to find my joy again but I in the end it all worked out!
      Happy Creating!

      Delete
  2. The elephant immediately caught my eye. Wonderfully captured through your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harvest Moon! It is not even finished yet! Hope I don't screw up hey? No, I won't, I have faith now... :-)
      Happy Creating!

      Delete
  3. Great elephant and a great piece indeed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Made me think about my own fears and why I am looking more than I am doing ... comparing my work with others (much better) work. Thanks for reminding me that it's the joy of creating and just let the results happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myriam! For you kind words and sharing your thoughts! I think a lot of Artists struggle with these fears and that's a good thing! It's how we grow and learn. There will always be better artists out there and you will be that better artist for others. If we can look around and learn from others who we think are more advanced and not let that frighten us we can all get better at what we do and have fun in learning. I wish you many happy creating moments!
      ~Monique

      Delete
  4. That elephant has a lot of character! All those rich colors around him are like a painted rain forest. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wrenaissance Art! I added some 'rain' to the painiting yesterday. Ha, you knew that didn't you. :-)
      Happy Creating!
      ~Monique

      Delete
  5. Hi Monique, the art work is looking really excellent cant wait to see it finished. Kind regards Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian! Just stay tuned for the endresult....drum roll.... :-)
      Happy Creating!
      ~Monique

      Delete
  6. Amazing! Love what you have done so far. Looking forward to the finished painting!

    ReplyDelete